The Atlanta Campaign, a Virtual Tour

  

Atlanta Campaign Home
Civil War Album Home
  

   

   
 
  

(10-02) Dalton Depot with Fort Hill behind it, facing east. Fort Hill was fortified by Sherman with a blockhouse to protect the railroad
 
Panorama from Fort Hill

 

(10-02) The Huff House in Dalton where J. E. Johnston had his headquarters during the battle of Rocky Face Ridge

   
 
(10-02) Johnston's headquarters marker  

(4-05) Hamilton House (circa 1840), the oldest home in Dalton. During the winter of 1863-64, the commander of the Orphan Brigade, Joseph M. Lewis, maintained his headquarters in a tent near the spring. Both armies used the residence for a hospital from 1863 until the end of the war
 
Photo by Paul Stanfield, Georgia

  
Ringgold Gap, Rocky Face Ridge, Dalton Page1    Page2    Page3    Page4    Page5    Page6    Page7    Page8    Page9

Page10    Page11    Page12    Next

Top of Page

Ringgold Gap, Rocky Face Ridge and Dalton Resaca Cassville New Hope Church and Pickett's Mill Kennesaw Mountain Atlanta Jonesboro Jonesboro Resources Panoramas Atlanta Campaign Home Page CivilWarAlbum.com Home Page Atlanta Campaign Image Map