New Orleans Page5
New Orleans Page1    Page2    Page3    Page4    Page5    Page6     Page7     Page8     Page9     Page10     Page11     Next

(7-04U.S. Customs House, 423 Canal Street
 
Tour Guide: Construction of the Customs House began in 1848, and the young Army engineer in charge of construction was P.G.T. Beauregard. The handsome old building still contains some Customs Service offices and other federal offices, and it was used as headquarters by Gen. Butler during Union occupation after 1862

(7-2011) Enlarge Washington Artillery Park
 
William Bozic photo
 
Detail 1     Detail 2     Detail 3     Detail 4

     
 

(7-2011) Enlarge Washington Artillery Park
 
William Bozic photo

 

(7-2011) Enlarge Washington Artillery Park
 
William Bozic photo

        

(7-04Bank of Louisiana (1826) - currently the French Quarter 8th district headquarters of the New Orleans police department

(7-04) Enlarge Beauregard House, 934 Royal Street. After the war, Beauregard lived here for several years

 

New Orleans Page1    Page2    Page3    Page4    Page5    Page6     Page7     Page8     Page9     Page10     Page11     Next

Return to Civil War Louisiana Photo Album