Decatur, Alabama Page10
Photos/Text courtesy of Steven Hippensteel, AL
Webmaster for any use of the following  photos

      Home     Site Index


(Sept. 2010) Enlarge Stop 08: McCartney Hotel Site
Enlarged Views: Hit Back Button to return

(Sept. 2010) Enlarge Stop 09: "Captain, we've got it at last. The Charge of the 14th U.S. Colored Infantry



(Sept. 2010) Enlarge Charge of the 14th Site: This location is now the Rhodes Ferry Park which is located on the banks of the Tennessee River. Decatur was originally known as 'Rhodes Ferry Landing' as it was the site where Dr. Henry W. Rhodes, an early landowner, operated a ferry which crossed the Tennessee River in the 1810's. The ferry was located at the site of the present day Rhodes Ferry Park

(Sept. 2010) Enlarge Shaudies-Banks Cottage marker


(Sept. 2010) Enlarge Shaudies-Banks Cottage: This is one of the early homes in Decatur as it was building itself back into a city once again during the reconstruction period


(Sept. 2010) Enlarge Modern day view of Bank Street
Note: Enlargement has both modern and wartime views of this block on Bank Street

Decatur Page1  Page2  Page3  Page4  Page5  Page6  Page7  Page8  Page9

Page10  Page11  Page12  Page13  Page14  Page15  Page16  Page17  Page18  Next

Home     Site Index