Vicksburg Campaign, a Virtual Tour
Christ Episcopal Church

Links:
1.
The Episcopal Diocese of Mississippi | Christ Episcopal Church

2. Christ Episcopal Church - Vicksburg, MS - Attractions
3. Christ Episcopal Church - Vicksburg - Mississippi Historical Markers on Waymarking.com


Return to Sites in Vicksburg     Return to Vicksburg Campaign, a Virtual Tour
  

(3-2011) Enlarge Oldest public building remaining in Vicksburg. West view from Main and Martin Luther King (wartime Jackson Road). The cornerstone was laid on April 19, 1839, by Bishop Leonidas Polk of Louisiana who would later serve as a major general in the Confederate Army

     Wartime Photo
       

(3-2011) Enlarge

(3-2011) Enlarge Original brick finish

     
 

(3-96) Original brick finish at upper left of the entrance. The stucco finish was added in 1905

 

(3-96) The eagle lectern and cathedral chairs were given by the Balfour family. The pulpit is post Civil War 

Christ Church Page1     Page2

Return to Sites in Vicksburg     Return to Vicksburg Campaign, a Virtual Tour