Vicksburg Campaign, a Virtual Tour
Vicksburg's River Batteries Page3
 
Return to Sites in Vicksburg     Return to Vicksburg Campaign, a Virtual Tour
 
(3-05) Battery #5, Harwood House Battery: Enlarge Original magazine and reconstructed battery
 

(3-05) Battery #5, Harwood House Battery: Enlarge Original magazine and reconstructed battery

  

(5-2011) Enlarge Battery #5, Harwood House Battery: Reconstructed river battery. The canon replica was used during filming of the Fort Wagner scenes in the 1989 movie "Glory"

      

(3-96) Marker at intersection of Clay and Washington: Vaiden (Mississippi) Battery: River Batteries, Army of Vicksburg, Capt. S. C. Bains. The company served its pieces on the city front from May 18 to May 23, when most of them were ordered to the rear line of defense. One section under Capt. S. C. Bains, served two 6 pdr guns on the city front to the end of the defense, July 4, 1863

 

(5-2011) Enlarge Devil's Backbone Battery: Fort Hill Drive across from "Anchors to Windward"
 
Devil's Backbone Interpretive Marker

     

(5-2011) Enlarge River Battery site marker on Fort Hill Drive. Battery 150 yards from marker
 
Interpretive Marker

 

(5-2011) Enlarge View from west of marker in previous photo

Vicksburg's River Batteries Page1     Page2     Page3     Page4     Page5     Page6     Next

Return to Sites in Vicksburg     Return to Vicksburg Campaign, a Virtual Tour