Antietam Station

Photos/text this page courtesy of Richard Edling, PA
For any use of these photos contact
1. Antietam Station - Railroad to Reunion Marker
2. Antietam Station -
3. A History of Antietam Station
4. TopoZone - Antietam Station
5. Antietam Station (aerial photo)

(12-2007Enlarge Antietam Station, Rte. 34 (Main St.), just southwest of Sharpsburg

(12-2007Enlarge Civil War Trails Interpretive Marker

(From the Interpretive Marker) The Federal government's Antietam Battlefield Commission erected this monument by 1898. The monument is composed of eight original Parrott cannon (none of which were at the battle), set breech down on a granite block, with a pyramid of cannon balls perched atop the muzzles. The monument was disassembled in the mid-1930's

(12-2007Enlarge Foundation of the monument

Return to Antietam Home