Andersonville National Historic Site Page4    
    

(March 2010) Enlarge Michigan Monument

Walter Kasperczyk photo

(March 2010) Enlarge New York Monument

Walter Kasperczyk photo

 

    

(March 2010) Enlarge Massive Monuments

Walter Kasperczyk photo

(July 2001) Reconstructed North Gate, top left, and Providence Spring House, right center. The view is looking east toward the center of the prison
    
Panorama from the North Gate
Marker (Stockade Branch)
Walter Kasperczyk photo
Marker (North Gate)
Marker (A Tight Stockade)
Walter Kasperczyk photo
 
Webmaster photos

     

(March 2010) Enlarge North Gate

Walter Kasperczyk photo

 

(July 2001) Providence Spring House

NPS Tour Guide:
The Woman's Relief Corps, the national auxiliary of the Grand Army of the Republic, built the Providence Spring House in 1901 to mark the site where, on August 9, 1864, a spring burst forth during a heavy summer rainstorm--an occurrence many prisoners attributed to Divine Providence
 
Webmaster photo
 
Marker (Providence Spring)
Lee Hohenstein photo

     
 

(March 2010) Enlarge Providence Spring House

Walter Kasperczyk photo

 

(July 2001)  South Gate of stockade, view looking northeast.
 
NPS Tour Guide (Dead House):
The men who died in the stockade were removed to a small structure built of tree branches outside the South Gate
 
Webmaster photo

Andersonville Page1   Page2   Page3   Page4   Page5   Page6   Page7   Next

Return to Andersonville Home