Mosby Heritage Area Tour Page49
August 2007 photos/text courtesy of Richard Edling, PA

Closer view of Guard Hill

Historical marker on Virginia Rt. 50


Town of Boyce marker
The River House in Boyce was originally called Ferry Farm (built 1780) was part of the Carter Hall estate, where Col. Mosby came to negotiate terms of his unit's disbandment


Close-up of the Town of Boyce marker


Saratoga marker in Boyce
Here, in their attempt to escape, Mosby’s men mortally wounded Lieutenant Charles McMaste


The Briars marker

The Briars was home to John Esten Cooke, a noted author, wrote many of his books here. Colonel Mosby was portrayed in several of his novels and was described in Cooke’s “Wearing of the Gray”

    Site Index