Corinth, MS
Sites related to the Battle of Shiloh

Return to Shiloh, a Virtual Tour
Shiloh Tour Map
More Corinth Photos
Courtesy of Don Worth, UCLA and Webmaster

(3-93) Site of Rose Cottage. The cottage which stood here during the war years was painted pink; hence, its name. It was used as headquarters by CSA General Albert Sidney Johnston and later by USA General G.Q. Thomas. Johnston's body lay in state at Rose Cottage after his death at Shiloh


(3-93) Fish Pond House. Erected in 1856, the house had a copper-lined basin surrounded by a railing on the roof. It  was headquarters for CSA General P.G.T. Beauregard
Wartime engraving (Fish Pond House)
Wartime engraving (Corinth from Beauregard's HQ)


(3-93) Curlee House. Built in 1857, this house was originally called the Verandah House because of its encircling porches. The house was Confederate General Braxton Bragg's headquarters and the place where the decision was made to attack Grant at Pittsburg Landing


(3-93) Oak Home. Built in 1857, this cottage served as headquarters for CSA General Leonidas Polk. After the war, it was
purchased by Mrs. Thomas Q. Martin and has been occupied continuously by her descendents

Corinth Sites Page1     Page2     Next

Return to Shiloh, a Virtual Tour