Savannah, Georgia Page7
Photos/text this page courtesy of Richard Edling, PA

(2006) Another view of the gardens at Sherman's Headquarters


(2006) St. John's Episcopal Church
The church was built in 1841. Designed by Calvin Otis, it is located on the West Side of Madison Square on Bull Street. Otis traveled from Buffalo, New York, to work on this church. A ship's mast is located in the center of the church's only spire. The church has the look of a British parish house. It has many stained glass windows showing various scenes from the New Testament. The church and the Green Meldrim mansion are separated by a courtyard with a pond and a fountain. Sherman attended church here


(2006) St. John's Episcopal Church

  (2006) St. John's Episcopal Church

Savannah Page1     Page2     Page3     Page4     Page5     Page6     Page7     Page8     Page9     Page10     Page11     Page12     Next

Sites by State Home     Site Index