Battle of Williamsburg, Virginia Page4
 
CivilWarAlbum.com Home
 
Williamsburg Page1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
 
 

(April 2013) Enlarge Fort Magruder monument
 
William Bechmann photo
  
Enlarged Views: Hit Back Button to return

(April 2013) Enlarge Eastern wall of the redoubt
 
William Bechmann photo

        

 

(April 2013) Enlarge Southern wall of redoubt
 
William Bechmann photo

(April 2013) Enlarge The Wren Building on the campus of the College of William & Mary. After the city fell to Union forces in 1862, the Fifth Pennsylvania Cavalry burned the building to prevent Confederate snipers from hiding there. Its walls became part of the Yankee line of Williamsburg’s eastern defenses
 
William Bechmann photo

      

(April 2013) Enlarge The Wren Building was used as a hospital by the French during the American Revolutionary War and by the Confederates during the Battle of Williamsburg 1862. (Statue of Lord Botetourt)
 
William Bechmann photo

 

(July 2013) Enlarge New Quarter Park Sign
 
This is the sign at the entrance to New Quarter Park in Williamsburg, Virginia. Do not confuse new Quarter Park with Quarterpath Park. In this Park there are markers for the end of the Confederate Williamsburg line, a marker for the Spanish Jesuit mission which was built near here in 1570- approximately 37 years before the English landed the Jamestown, and the remains of Redoubts 12 and 13. The park is hard to find, but popular with Frisbee golfers
 
William Bozic photo

Williamsburg Page1   2   3   4   5   6   Next

Site Index     Sites by State Home