Fort Mifflin Page13
Photos/text this page courtesy of Richard Edling, PA
Webmaster for use of these images

(2007) Hospital/Mess Hall
Interpretive Marker
Outside the wall to the northeast is a two-story building constructed prior to 1802 that served as a mess hall for the garrison and a hospital for the Fort. In 1863 Surgeon S. Murphey reported that he had 25 beds and room for 10 more. 12 Rebel prisoners were patients and 9 soldiers were confined with slight ailments. Today, it houses Fort Mifflin’s administrative offices

(2007) North Wall



(2007) North Gate

(2007) North Wall and gate

Fort Mifflin Page1   Page2   Page3   Page4   Page5   Page6   Page7   Page8   Page9   Page10   Page11   Page12   Page13   Next

Sites by State Home     Return to Site Index