Fort Mifflin Page9
Photos/text this page courtesy of Richard Edling, PA
Webmaster for use of these images

(2007) Commandant's House (Citadel)

(2007) Arsenal
Interpretive Marker
Originally built as a guard house in 1816, this room stored the small arms for the Fort. Even though the Fort primarily housed artillery, small arms were necessary for the defense of Philadelphia


(2007) From left: Artillery Shed, Commandant's House, Officers Quarters, Soldiers Barracks and Arsenal       Click to Enlarge



(2007) View of Fort Mifflin and Delaware River looking south from the east rampart

(2007) Enlarge View looking north from east rampart

Fort Mifflin Page1   Page2   Page3   Page4   Page5   Page6   Page7   Page8   Page9   Page10   Page11   Page12   Page13   Next

Sites by State Home     Return to Site Index