Battle of Franklin Photos Page9
Return to Franklin, a Virtual Tour
Return to CivilWarAlbum.com Home
   
   

(3-95) Battle Ground Academy marker, south of the Carter House on Columbia Ave. Site Marker: Founded in 1889 as Battle Ground Academy, named for its location where the Battle of Franklin occurred in 1864, and dedicated in an address by Confederate General William B. Bate, later governor and U.S. Senator, this boys' preparatory school was located on Columbia Avenue across from the Carter House. The school was popularly called the Wall and Mooney School and the Peoples School for its early headmasters. After being destroyed by fire in 1902, it was moved to its present site

(3-95) Cleburne Division marker. South lawn of the Carter House. The view is looking southeast across Columbia Pike

Franklin Page1  Page2  Page3  Page4  Page5  Page6  Page7  Page8  Page9  Page10  Page11  Page12  Page13  Page14   Page15   Page16   Next

Return to Franklin, a Virtual Tour