The Alamo Page12
Photos/text this page courtesy of Webmaster
 
Return to CivilWarAlbum.com Home    Index Page
 
Alamo Page1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   Next
   

(7-2007) Enlarge Long Barrack museum display. Layout of the Alamo compound during the 1836 siege

 

(9-2013) Enlarge Long Barrack museum display
 
Interpretive marker:
This statue is from Mission San Antonio de Valero (later known as the Alamo)

Donor: William Freeman Jr.

 
     

(7-2007) Enlarge Long Barrack museum display
 
Interpretive marker:
This stone baptismal font is believed to have been used at Mission San Antonio de Valero
 
Donor: William Freeman Jr.

 

(7-2007) Enlarge Original cannon used during the 1836 Siege of the Alamo
 
Interpretive marker:
Carrondade
This cannon was used in the Battle of the Alamo. Probably on the west wall. It was made inoperative by General Santa Anna before he left for San Jacinto.

This type of cannon was made in Carron, Scotland in the 1790's

Donor: Jim Maverick

     

(7-2007) Enlarge Another view of the original Alamo cannon

 

(7-2007) Enlarge Original 18-pdr cannon used during the 1836 Siege of the Alamo. The piece was placed at the southwest corner of the Alamo compound. No markings are on or near the cannon. Staff advised that it's the real thing

Alamo Page1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   Next

Sites by State Home       Site Index